You are among many people who are thinking about moving their domain GoDaddy to GoDaddy account. With more than 84 million domains under its belt, GoDaddy is the largest domain registrar available. GoDaddy makes the transfer procedure simple and easy to follow, regardless of whether you want to migrate for cost, consolidation, support, or another reason.
This GoDaddy transfer tutorial will demonstrate hHow To Transfer Domain From GoDaddy to GoDaddy. Additionally, we’ll demonstrate how to transfer your domain from another GoDaddy account. You will be fully informed about domain transfers to GoDaddy by the time you reach the finish.
What Is a Domain Name Transfer? Godady to Another GoDaddy
A domain name transfer is the process of changing the registrar for a domain name. If you transfer a domain from GoDaddy to GoDaddy, it means you are changing the account under which the domain is registered, without changing the actual domain name itself. This process typically involves updating the domain’s registrant information, administrative contact information, and name server information, as well as confirming the transfer through an authorization process with the current registrar and the new registrar.
Reasons for Transferring The Domain New Godady Account
There are several reasons why someone might choose to transfer a domain name from one GoDaddy account to another:
- Consolidating domains: If you have multiple GoDaddy accounts, transferring all your domain names to one account can simplify management and reduce confusion.
- Changing registrants: If you have recently changed ownership of a domain name, you may want to transfer the domain to the new owner’s GoDaddy account.
- Improved account management: If you are not satisfied with the management features or support provided by your current GoDaddy account, you may want to transfer your domain name to a GoDaddy account with better features.
- Cost savings: If you have found a GoDaddy account that offers lower pricing or more features, transferring your domain name to that account can result in cost savings.
- Increased security: If you are concerned about the security of your current GoDaddy account, you may want to transfer your domain name to a more secure account.
- Better support: If you are having issues with your current GoDaddy account and are not satisfied with the support provided, you may want to transfer your domain name to a GoDaddy account with better support.
How to Transfer Domain to Another Godaddy Account
Here is a step by step guide to transfer a domain from GoDaddy to GoDaddy
- Login to your GoDaddy account where the domain is currently registered.
- Once you are logged in, go to your “Domains” section and locate the domain you wish to transfer.
- Click on the domain name to open the “Domain Settings” page.
- On the “Domain Settings” page, scroll down to the “More Settings” section and click on “Transfer Domain.”
- On the next page, you will see a message indicating whether the domain is eligible for transfer. If the domain is eligible, you will also see a button to “Unlock” the domain.
- Click the “Unlock” button and follow the steps to unlock the domain. This process typically involves confirming your email address associated with the domain and agreeing to GoDaddy’s transfer policy.
- Once the domain is unlocked, you will be able to obtain the authorization (EPP) code. The EPP code is a unique password that is required to initiate the transfer. You can find it on the “Domain Settings” page, under “Authorization Code.”
- Login to the GoDaddy account where you wish to transfer the domain to.
- On the home page, click on the “Transfer” tab in the top navigation bar. Then click on “Transfer in a Domain.”
- Enter the domain name you wish to transfer and the EPP code.
- Review and agree to the terms and conditions for the transfer.
- Pay for the transfer fee, which will typically include a fee for a one-year renewal of the domain.
- Wait for the transfer to complete, which can take up to 7 days. GoDaddy will send you email notifications at various stages of the transfer process.
- Confirm the transfer by checking the email associated with the receiving account for a transfer approval request. This email will contain instructions for how to approve the transfer and complete the process.
Note: Before initiating the transfer, make sure that your contact information is up-to-date for both the sending and receiving accounts. Also, ensure that the receiving account has enough funds to pay for the transfer fee.
In conclusion, transferring a domain from GoDaddy to GoDaddy is a straightforward process that can be completed by following a few simple steps. First, sign in to both your source and destination GoDaddy accounts. Then, initiate the transfer in the source account, approve the transfer request via email, accept the transfer in the destination account, and pay the transfer fee if applicable. It is important to ensure that your domain is eligible for transfer and to check for any restrictions before beginning the process. The transfer can take up to 7 days to complete.